Navien NCB-240E Condensing Gas Combination Boiler (NCB)
- Super condensing efficiency
- Dual stainless steel heat exchangers
- SCH40, 2″ PVC venting up to 60′
- ½” Gas pipe up to 24′
- Automatic water filling system
- integrated controls
Ultra Condensing Efficiency
- Navien’s Condensing Technology offers the high efficiency.
- Money and energy savings over tank type water heaters and traditional water heaters.
Two Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers
- Provides longer life expectancy as they are highly resistant to corrosion and erosion compared to copper heat exchangers.
- Reduces minerals deposits.
Low NOx Emissions (≤ 20ppm)
- New metal fiber burner is designed to deliver a consistent air/gas mixture improving combustion efficiency.
- Result in less acid rain and less green house effect.
- Comply with SCAQMD 1146.2 strict NOx emissions standard.
2″ PVC, CPVC, Polyprophylene Venting Up To 60′
- 2″ venting option allows for a flue to be pulled through the existing vent.
- 3″ vents can be used up to 150′ with standard 2″ x 3″ adapters.
Utilizes Existing 1/2″ Gas Line
- The negative pressure gas valve and fan with dual venturi operation allows for better adaptability to low gas pressure applications.
- Makes it possible for the NPE to be installed ½” gas lines up to 24′.
- NCB models allow for easy convertibility from NG to LP.
Where Technology Meets Ecology, Combination Boiler
- The ideal solution for customers who need both domestic hot water and a space heating application.
- Heats water when needed, making it environmentally sound as well as cost efficient.
Hydronic Heating Benefits
- Clean: little chance to cause dust or lower humidity because there is no air movement.
- Silent: offers silent heating because no blowers are needed for forced circulation.
- Comfort: keeps floors warm but indoor air fresh, making people feel warm and comfortable.
- Coverage: radiant heat makes heating from floor to ceiling possible.
- Economical: radiant heat in the floors can transmit warmth throughout the house hours after turning off the heater.
Automatic Water Filling System
- Automatically fills water into space heating pipes when the unit senses a water shortage.
Powerful Anti-Freeze Feature
- The Combi’s built-in Control System is designed to keep the unit’s plumbing frost free in winter conditions.
- Gas Input
- Space Heating: 18,000–120,000 BTU/H
- Domestic Hot Water: 18,000–199,900 BTU/H
- AFUE: 95.0%
- Flow Rate (DHW)
- 77°F (43°C) Temp Rise: 4.5 GPM (17.0 L/m)
- Dimensions: 17″(W) x 28″(H) x 12″(D)
- Weight: 84 lbs (38kg)
- Installation Type: Indoor wall-hung
- Venting Type: Forced draft direct vent
- Ignition: Electronic ignition
- Water Pressure (Hydronic/DHW): 12–30 PSI /15–150 PSI
- Natural Gas Supply Pressure (from source): 3.5″ –10.5″ WC
- Propane Gas Supply Pressure (from source): 8.0″ –13.5″ WC
- Natural Gas Manifold Pressure (min to max): -0.06″ WC / -1.20″ WC
- Propane Gas Manifold Pressure (min to max): -0.03″ WC / -0.98″ WC
- Minimum Flow Rate (DHW): 0.5 GPM (1.9 L/m)
- Connection Sizes
- Heating Supply/Return: 1″ NPT
- DHW Inlet/Outlet: 3/4″ NPT
- Gas Inlet: 3/4″ NPT
- Auto Feeder: 1/2″ NPT
- Condensate Outlet: 1/2″ NPT
- Power Supply
- Main Supply: 120V AC, 60Hz
- Maximum Power Consumption: 200W (up to 2 amperes)
- Casing: Cold rolled carbon steel
- Heat Exchangers: Primary/secondary heat exchanger: stainless steel DHW heat exchanger: stainless steel
- Exhaust: 2″ or 3″ PVC, CPVC, approved polypropylene 2″ or 3″ [special gas vent type BH (Class II, A/B/C)
- Intake: 2″ or 3″ PVC, CPVC, polypropylene 2″ or 3″ specialty gas vent type BH (Class II, A/B/C)
- Vent Clearances: 0″ to combustibles
- Safety Devices
- Flame rod, APS, gas valve operation detector, ignition operation detector, water temperature high limit switch, exhaust temperature high limit sensor